iCSSD® , is a well thought state of the art solution developed by doctors , catering to small nursing home to medium and large size hospitals . The beauty it can facilitate a single OT to multi OT. iCSSD®ensures JCI compliances at every stage to help the hospital authorities in accreditation process.
iCSSD® allows managing various functions of CSSD department such as collecting, decontamination, assembling,packing, sterilizing, storing and distributing a multiplicity of goods and equipments to areas in the hospital that provide patient care such as sample collection, operation theaters etc.
Key functionalities of iCSSD® Module:
- Performs Item stock management.
- Maintains an interface with the stores to request stock online and inquire on stock levels.
- Maintains detailed record pertaining to cleaning, disinfection and sterilization.
- Lists and manages laundry/sterilization requests from the entire department.
- Generates report for items held in the ward at any one particular time.
- Hospital can easily implement infection control Policy using CSSD module to improve patient safety and prevent cross infection.
- Instrument set assembly and packaging sterilization services
- Patient equipment cleaning, distribution, and billing
- Case cart system for surgery and/or the delivery room
- OR scheduling
- Cardiac arrest cart processing, stocking and distribution
- Staffing surgical core areas
- Surgical instrument purchasing
- Acquisition of special order implants and supplies
- Instrument processing within surgery
Objectives of iCSSD®
- To provide sterilized material from a central department where sterilizing practice is conducted under conditions, which are controlled, thereby contributing to a reduction in the incidence of hospital infection.
- To take some of the work of the Nursing staff so that they can devote more time to better patients care
- Avoidance of duplication of costly equipment’s, which may be infrequently used.
- Planning in advance so that effective more and more OT can be effectively managed.
- Maintain record of effectiveness of cleaning, disinfection and sterilization process.
- Monitor and enforce controls necessary to prevent cross infection according to infection control policy.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment.
- To stay updated regarding developments in the field in the interest of efficiency, economy, accuracy and rovision of better patient care.
- To provide a safe and clean environment for the patients and staff
JCI Compliances adhered in iCSSD®
Prevention & Control of Infections – PCI
PCI.7 – The organization identifies the procedures and processes associated with the risk of infection and implements strategies to reduce infection risk.
PCI.7.1 – The organization reduces the risk of infections by ensuring adequate equipment cleaning and sterilization and the proper management of laundry and linen.
PCI.7 & PCI.7.1 compliances reflected in iCSSD
In Approve sterilization screen, CSSD head will check the cleanliness of the instruments and approves the sets.
Facility Management & Safety – FMS
FMS.8 – The organization plans and implements a program for inspecting, testing, and maintaining medical equipment and documenting the results.
FMS.8.1 – The organization collects monitoring data for the medical equipment management program. These data are used to plan the organization’s long-term needs for upgrading or replacing equipment.
FMS.8.2 – The organization has a product/equipment recall system
FMS.8, FMS.8.1 & FMS.8.2 compliances reflected in iCSSD
In equipment maintenance screen, an option is given to capture maintenance tenure and log for the equipment breakdowns.
In Inventory Management module, an option is given in GRN Returns screen to recall / return the defective equipment.
- iCSSD® – HIS Integration
- iCSSD®- Equipment Integration
- iCSSD® – Barcode Integration
- iCSSD®- RFID Integration